Monday, March 23, 2015

WEEKEND GETAWAY :: SUNNY SAN FRANCISCO


Though I will freely admit, both Emil and I could happily spend the rest of our lives traveling, most of the time, we find it quite difficult to get away for a proper vocation. After countless cancelled trips, we finally found a way to travel yet still keep up with our increasingly insane schedules. The answer was of course simple, weekend getaways! Though it may seem like 2-3 days can hardly make a difference, in our experience, being away from the madness even for a short periods of time allows for some well-needed down time!

Now, I will once again admit that up until recently I wasn't great at packing for these shorts trips! Since I find it very difficult to be away from my shoes even for short periods of time, I would  almost always overpack yet end up wearing less than 1/5 of what I brought. As a result, my poor boy would get stuck lugging around huge suitcases. Suffice to say, he was not a happy camper:) 

The good news is that I've learned my lesson. Now, I take my time to really plan my outfits, and pack only the absolute necessities, in other words, basically only what I will actually wear:) I've also made a switch from huge suitcases, to much more convenient luggage for short trips, a.k.a. the weekenders.

The one from Lo & Sons I am wearing in today's post is my current favorite! Aside from the fact that I am more than a little obsessed with the fact that it's made from a super lightweight pre-washed canvas, which is machine washable ( I am not exactly very careful with my luggage, so the fact that I can wash it and it looks new again is very much appreciated ), I just love that it's so soft and can be folded for convenient storage. But I think my favorite feature is the bottom zipper pocket! Such a smart design!!! I used to put all of my sunglasses and jewelry cases at the bottom of the bag, which of course made it ridiculously difficult to fish any of them out. Now, I just place them in the bottom pocket and they are always readily accessible! 

What about you guys? How do you pack for weekend getaways?




























Lo & Sons The Catalina weekender in Dove Grey | MADEWELL cotton kimono jacket | Chloe The Marcie mini textured leather shoulder bag | Seafarer Lord Jim New capri jeans | Gucci Candy ankle strap sandals 


Lo & Sons The Pearl leather crossbody bag | The Kooples destroyed jean jacket | A.P.C. girl plaid cotton-blend shirt | Zara leather skirt | Kenneth Cole Blaire leather and calf-hair espadrilles 

Thank you for reading
& Keep On Smiling,
LOVE,
Annabelle 

No comments:

Post a Comment