Sunday, June 14, 2015

SUNDAY SKIN PREP :: BEAUTY READY ROUTINE

VivaLuxury skincare, Annabelle Fleur skincare

Those of you who read my blog on regular basis probably know how important skin care is to me. Though I haven't always been as diligent about taking care of my skin as I am now, once I realized the connection between proper skin care and the state of my skin, I've been religiously giving it the attention it needs. In the past, I've talked about my day-to-day skin-care but I haven't really talked about my weekly skin recovery routine. And so, I would like to take this opportunity to talk a little bit about my Sunday beauty ready routine and about how I prepare my skin and hair for the week ahead.



Since I color my hair, it tends to be a bit dry, so in order to keep it shiny and healthy I start by applying a home-made oil mask all over my hair, paying special attention to the scalp. To make the mask, I simply mix castor oil and extra-virgin olive oil in equal parts, adding just a few drops of lavender oil for a wonderful scent. Next, I cover my hair with a plastic cap and wrap a warm towel over it for better absorption.



PHASE ONE: While I wait for the oil mask to work it's magic on my hair, I move on to phase one of my skin care routine, i.e. Skin Inc. Pure Revival Peel. The reason why I like this particular one is because it's very gentle and doesn't make my skin red, tight or dry but instead effectively removes dead skin and helps to prepare my skin for phase two and three of my routine. To use, I simply apply a thin layer of Pure Revival Peel to clean, dry skin, leave on for a few seconds, then massage gently in circular motion paying special attention to my t-zone.

PHASE TWO: I always had really sensitive skin which is prone to redness and irritation. So, of course I was looking for a product to help address these concerns, but I also wanted something that could prevent damage and signs of aging. The reason why I started using Skin Inc. My Daily Dose products is because they are uniquely customized to address the specific needs of my skin and also because I am able to address multiple issues with a single application. Currently, I am using the three following SERUMS: 

- REPAIR, which contains antioxidant-rich French pine bark to help protect the skin from damage and signs of aging caused by UV rays
- REINFORCE which helps to strengthen, hydrate and sooth sensitive skin 
- RELIEVE which contains a combination of antioxidants, licorice and green tea extracts to help calm, reduce redness and irritation and protect the skin from UV damage. 

To use, I simply blend all three serums and apply 2-3 drops all over my face. Since I started using My Daily Dose, I've noticed a really big difference as far as dryness and redness is concerned and my skin is definitely more even looking and feels so much softer to the touch.

Skin Inc serum

Skin Inc Willow Bark Serum


VivaLuxury beauty, Annabelle Fleur beauty

PHASE THREE: Moisture is the key to beautiful skin! Though I am pretty good about drinking plenty of water and eating well, ever since I moved to California I find that my skin needs a bit of help staying moisturized. I've tried a few different products, but Skin Inc. Pure Deepsea Hydrating Mask is the one that works best for me. Aside from the fact that it keeps my skin hydrated, I also find that it helps to clarify and brighten it as well. A huge plus in my opinion, because more than a few hydrating products simply made me break out:( To use, I apply a thin layer of the product all over my face, right after applying My Daily Dose serums including under eye area to help seal in all the goodness and hydrate, and leave it on overnight.

Skin Inc. Pure Deepsea Hydrating Mask

Skin Inc. Pure Deepsea Hydrating Mask, VivaLuxury mask, Annabelle Fleur mask

Next, I like to use a trick my mom swears by, which is taking a hot bath to make my hair and face mask absorb even better. Reason why this trick works so well, is because the steam from the bath helps to open your hair follicles and pores for better moisture absorption. Because multitasking is basically my middle name, I also add two cups of epsom salts to the water to help soften my hands, feet and everything in between:) I usually soak for about 30 minutes, but if you are pressed for time, even 15 minutes makes a world of difference.


Lastly, depending on how dry my hair is I either wash off the hair mask with a gentle shampoo and let my hair air dry or live it on overnight. I also slather olive oil all over my body paying special attention to hands and feet, since they tend to need a bit of extra moisture. 

Hope you guys enjoy these tips and as always, if you have any questions, please email me any time I'll be happy to answer!

Skin Inc. My Daily Dose

Skin Inc. products available HERE or at Sephora stores. Take a simple 3-minute online test to identity the unique needs of your skin by CLICKING HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment