Tuesday, June 30, 2015

SUNSHINE ESSENTIALS


As I have mentioned before, Emil and I decided to relocate to Malibu for a little while in order to escape the blazing heat of LA. As I was packing for this little escape, I thought it would be good to talk about some of my beach ready favorites and essentials. So without further ado, here is my absolute must-have list:

1. A bikini. Duh! When it comes to bikinis, obviously a good fit is a number one priority yet what I also look for in a bikini are those special little details that add a bit of drama, like scalloped edges, fringe or beading. You know me, I'm not particularly fond of plain:)






2. Cover up. Normally, I look for something comfy enough to through over my bikini yet special enough to take out to dinner later. I am particularly fond of anything in white or pastel colors because they tend to accentuate bronzed skin in the most amazing way.


3. Sunnies. A good pair of shades is not just a cute beach accessory but an actual necessity to protects your eyes against long-term sun exposure. Normally, I opt for darker lenses or mirrored shades which in my experience offer maximum protection.



4. A cute hat. Especially a wide-brimmed one! The one thing that I have learn the hard way is that hair and long-term sun exposure don't mix well. In the past, I've tried putting oil in my hair or doing a deep conditioning mask after, but the truth is, nothing works quite as well as simply covering your hair with a hat. Btw, this is especially true if you tend to color your hair like I do.



I've also been getting a few questions about my summer body care lately, so I though I'd take this opportunity to answer a few of them:


Though I have used tanning creams in the past, this Summer the glow is all natural. We've been spending quite a bit of time on the beach and in Palm Springs lately, so I guess the results show:) 

As far as body lotions are concerned, I am completely addicted to organic body oils. My all time favorites are coconut and olive oil. Though it may take some getting used to, because obviously they don'y absorb as quickly as regular lotions, the results are worth it, because my skin has never been softer. 

I prefer shaving! When it comes to shaving I learned two very important things. First, I never shave as soon as I get into the shower. I wash my hair, condition and let the moisture and steam work it's magic, i.e. open up the pores and soften the hair. So, basically shaving is my very last step. Simple, yes! But makes the world of difference! Secondly, I stopped using regular soap to shave and switched to a shaving cream. Aside from the fact that it moisturizes the skin, it also helps the blade to glide without scraping and prevents nicks and razor bumps. Currently, I'm using EOS shaving cream, because it smells yummy and leaves my skin really soft and smooth.


Hope you find these tips helpful! And as always, shoot me an email if you have any questions!

LOVESHACKFANCY dress { sleeveless option here, also love this options } | MELISSA ODABASH Jemima hat | WANDERLUST & CO Trio Stack ring set | GORJANA Gisele ring 

No comments:

Post a Comment